Click on the Visiting Orphans tab to read more about who, what, when, where, and how:

Friday, February 22, 2013

Glory to God

When I was growing up I heard about China's policy on having no more than one child.  It was in the early 80's and I had seen a documentary on how baby girls were being abandoned.  I was absolutely heart-broken even at about age 11 for these children crowded in an orphanage.  The thought that they would forever never know what it meant to be read to before bed.  Or what it meant to have a bedroom, or grandparents, or being held, or being able to grow up and know that you had a family that loved you and you could always come home to, or a bath, or a home-cooked meal, or new clothes that were just yours, or a birthday party, or a vacation to see the mountains or the beach.  What does it mean for a child to grow up in an orphanage?  As a child I just couldn't imagine what it would be like to NOT have a family.  And how on earth can anyone stand by and do nothing.

That documentary forever changed my life.  Adoption was something I had always had in the back of my mind.  I'm so grateful to God that HE put that desire in my heart all those years ago, and that HE took us to China to find our daughter and bring her home.  She is one less, and she fits perfectly.  HE planted a seed in my heart for China that will forever grow.  I fell in love with China - the people, the history, the culture, the smells (and believe me there are some interesting smells), the beauty, the language.  My path will forever cross with China.

So, here I am, less than four years from bringing our daughter home, and I get to go back.  How good is our God?  I get to go back!  It seems so unbelievable.  But as I get to know our God better and better every day I see how much He loves His children, how much He loves the fatherless here on this earth,  how much He wants to fulfill the desires of our hearts, how much He funds what He favors.

Glory to God.
GLORY to God.

~ Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

We look forward to reading your words of encouragement and love!