Click on the Visiting Orphans tab to read more about who, what, when, where, and how:

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Robin


In one of our first posts about the children of Chaoyang, we introduced you to Min and mentioned that she was responsible for the care of another child. This is Min's child. Meet Robin. The team of Min and Robin are often referred to as Batman and Robin. I wonder if Batman had as much trouble with his boy wonder and Min has with hers?
Robin. Our Boy Wonder. Just those words make me smile. Yes, he is a handful. Yes, he is a HUGE responsibility for his friend Min. But he is also a young guy who can make you smile and even chuckle a time or two. Of course, those chuckles usually come about the time you realize that a teenage girl is better equipped to take care of Robin than you are....

Robin puts everything in his mouth. Everything. Toys, water bottles, caps off ink pens, rocks, leaves off the shrubs when you go outside for a walk, and even teeny tiny small spiky leaves off an evergreen tree.

And he runs. I never saw him run, thankfully, because a running Robin meant someone had failed at their job and let go of this little guy.

Oddly enough, the only time Min didn't have to hold tightly to Robin was when they were in the 'naughty room' I wonder why he looks so comfortable in this room? I'm thinking he spends quite a bit of time in there...

During my time with Robin, I tried to show him how to use a piece of sidewalk chalk. He tried to show me how to eat a piece of sidewalk chalk. I showed him how to catch bubbles that were floating through the air. He tried to catch bubbles and put them in his mouth... At times he would get right in my face and stare into my eyes. I have to wonder what he was looking for. I hope what he saw was love.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We look forward to reading your words of encouragement and love!