Click on the Visiting Orphans tab to read more about who, what, when, where, and how:

Friday, July 26, 2013

Baby Jack


This is Jack.  He had arrived at the orphanage only two days prior to us coming.  He's a plump, snuggly, happy little guy.  He very rarely fussed.  It makes you wonder why this seemingly healthy baby boy would be brought to an orphanage.
I worked with kids with special needs for 11 1/2 years before I left teaching to take care of our growing family.  Baby Jack reminds me of one of those kiddos I had known while I was in college.  His name was Benjamin.  Benjamin, like Jack, had low muscle tone, especially in his upper body.  Do you think Jack's parents knew that?
Or, was Jack their second child, and because of the one child policy they had to find another place for their baby boy before they had to pay a fine?
Whatever the reason this sweet boy now lives in an orphanage.  He's on my heart.  Because without the proper stimulation and therapy I am afraid that he will be one of those kiddos that stays in their crib most of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We look forward to reading your words of encouragement and love!