Click on the Visiting Orphans tab to read more about who, what, when, where, and how:

Friday, July 26, 2013

Sing

And little Sing. What a guy! I can’t honestly say I spent a tremendous amount of time with him, simply because he was always. on. the. move. He went from the ball pit, to the slide, to the… He is one little guy who has so much to do, so much to see. His excitement to be on the go and seeing new things was such a joy to witness.

My most memorable time with this little guy was as I sat with him at a lunch we helped prepare at the orphanage. We were sitting at a small table, Toni C. and me on one side and our two little friends on the other. The two boys found the food they were most fond of, and they ATE! I offered a particular dish to Sing’s friend. He let me know he didn’t want that particular dish and motioned for me to give it to Sing. Sing loved it! The dish was a pork dish, and each piece of pork seemed to be more fat that meat. Sing didn’t care. I put a piece into his dish. He ate it and asked for more. Repeat. He did the same with the Sprite we were served. After he finished off the entire serving plate of meat, he kept asking for more Sprite. I knew the little guy had to be so full his tummy hurt, so I very gently told him “no more.” All I can say to that is that he knows he is adorable and decided to use that to his advantage. His asking for more and my saying ‘no’ quickly became a game. He would use hand motions to ask “please” and I would relent and give him a tiny amount of soda in his glass. He poured it over the last of his pork, made soup, ate it, and asked for more. Again, I would say “no, your tummy is too full.” And he would ask please with the cutest little grin. When I would finally give in and pour more soda, he would dance this little happy dance. Oh the absolute joy! What a guy, what a guy…

No comments:

Post a Comment

We look forward to reading your words of encouragement and love!