Click on the Visiting Orphans tab to read more about who, what, when, where, and how:

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Mercy

We named this sweet baby girl Mercy. She was found on the side of the road shortly before we got to the orphanage. She was terribly afraid of everyone and I'm sure her surroundings. Our bus driver was able to show her love by picking her up and carrying her around. He was so sweet with her. She passed away unexpectedly while we were there. When left the orphanage Wednesday night she was fine but when we arrived Thursday morning they told us that she spiked a high fever, was rushed to the hospital and passed away. It was a shock to all of us. What upset me most was that it seemed that no one at the orphanage gave it much thought but I could be mistaken because I don't speak the language. I'm sure it happens frequently there and they are all accustomed to it. I was heartbroken to think that no one grieved for her but was reminded by Toni, my team leader, that WE grieved for her and it was no accident that God allowed her to pass during our visit. I'm so thankful that we had the opportunity to meet her and that she's dancing with Jesus right now! ---Amy M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We look forward to reading your words of encouragement and love!