Click on the Visiting Orphans tab to read more about who, what, when, where, and how:

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Hannah

Hi this is Halli. I would like to tell you about my time with Hannah. On the first morning, I was downstairs playing with the kids who could freely move around. I began playing with Hannah that first afternoon. When I went upstairs, Hannah crawled over to me. We played a little, and she held onto my shoulders and tried to stand up. One of the team members turned on some Christian music, and Hannah began trying to dance. I played with her all afternoon and put her in her crib when we left.
Hannah always liked to hold on to me really tightly when I moved. There was a mirror and bars in the playroom, kinda like ballet. Hannah stood up with help and held onto the bar, and she would lean down and touch her tongue to the bar. I think it was cool and she enjoyed the feel of it on her tongue.

I got to feed her one day. I really enjoyed that, but I got nervous when the nannies came in. While I was feeding her, she would reach in to grab the food if I didn’t feed her quickly enough. That bothers me. I think that maybe she is hungry a lot and doesn’t get enough food.

In the mornings when I walked by her crib, she would reach out to me. When I lifted her up, she clung to me. I walked by without picking her up once or twice, but I knew she always wanted me to get her out, so I did. There was an exercise ball. I would get on it with my stomach, and she would reach for my shoulders for me to help her play with me.

I took her downstairs to play in the ball pit. I think she really liked the feel of the balls as she sat in them.
I am really sad now that I’m home. I know we made the babies so happy, and I worry that no one is playing with them now. My mom tells me to always remember to pray for them when I’m sad. I miss seeing Hannah’s happy smile and her reaching out to hold onto me. I hope I can go back to see her and the other kids.

1 comment:

  1. Halli, you amaze me! So much maturity and wisdom in your heart. I was soooooo proud of you and all you did with those kids with no fear. You just jumped right in and did whatever needed to be done and so much more! Hannah will treasure your time with her!

    ReplyDelete

We look forward to reading your words of encouragement and love!