Click on the Visiting Orphans tab to read more about who, what, when, where, and how:

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Zacchaeus



I am going to love this child forever!  I know he's a handful.  I know he has LOTS of energy.  I know he likes to tear things up.  I know he likes to hear things fall on the ground and make loud noises.  I know he needs almost one on one care to keep him out of trouble.  But . . . 

He has an energy that is contagious.  He has a liking for the simple.  He never has a bad day.  He doesn't let too many things bother him.  He knows what he likes and goes for it.  He is a ball of lightening.  And I wish I had a little more of all of that in me.

I didn't have a whole lot of contact with this guy because I was upstairs a lot with the more involved kiddos.  But on the last day I was able to get to know Zacchaeus a little.  There was a stack of stools in the corner.  Nice and neat little stack of stools just all stacked up in the play room, all different colors.  Nice and neat.  Zach thought those were pretty cool.  He especially liked the red ones.  He managed to unstack the stools and get a red one.  He then took great joy in picking it up and smashing it on the ground just to hear the sound it made!  He would have done that for a very long time if he was able! I tried to help him with this task as best as I could, but he was pretty head strong in doing it himself.  If I pulled a blue one out he would go back for a red one. Probably not the most productive thing for him to be doing, but it was the way his precious brain was working.  I like watching brains work, wheels turn, problem solving in his own way. 

He enjoyed being thrown into the ball pit.  He enjoyed rough house play.  He enjoyed all the stimulation of so many strangers.  I wish I had more time with this one and so many more.

Four days is not near enough time to spend with this group of amazing kids.  If I could go every day I think I would.  Such a need.  

And, I'd take you with me.

This is our Zacchaeus.  Precious handful that he may be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We look forward to reading your words of encouragement and love!